Code of Ethics and Conduct
The Fredericktowne Players is a community based organization dedicated to providing an enjoyable, high quality theatrical experience to its members and audience. It has adopted a Code of Ethics and Conduct to guide its members in their behavior when participating in the organization’s programs and events. Any participant or member who violates this Code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from the company as determined by the Board of Directors.
ALL MEMBERS AND PEOPLE IN LEADERSHIP ROLES SHOULD AND WILL:
- Listen to fellow members, supporters and volunteers and make all reasonable efforts to satisfy their needs and concerns within the scope of our mission.
- Strive for excellence and innovation and demonstrate professional respect and responsiveness to members, volunteers, sponsors and supporters.
- For the Board of Directors, provide credible and effective oversight to the organization’s work without personal bias.
- Represent FtP as “Ambassadors” and act at all times in accordance with the highest ethical standards and in the best interest of the Fredericktowne Players, its members, supporters, donors, sponsors, volunteers and reputation.
- Openly and honestly tell the truth.
- Honor commitments and promises to the best of our abilities.
THE ACTIVITES OUTLINED BELOW ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED:
- Abusive language towards a member, volunteer or another participant.
- Any activity which is in violation of the law or fails to stand the closest possible public scrutiny.
- Possession or use of illegal drugs or alcoholic drinking on FtP’s property, rehearsal space or performance space. Reporting to and/or participating in any FtP function while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Bringing on FtP’s property dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow participant, member or volunteer.
- Verbal, physical or visual harassment of another participant, member or volunteer.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
- Failure to follow any company policy or procedure.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant, member or volunteer.
- Failure to cooperate with any participant, member or volunteer.
- Any behavior contributing to a negative perspective of FtP.